Railways to resume catering services on all trains from February 14

IRCTC – the catering and tourism arm of Indian Railways – is expected to resume meal service on all trains by February 14. As Covid-19 cases appear to be decreasing across the country, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has decided to resume ready meals service on board all trains, the railways said. However, Covid-19 safety guidelines and protocols will be adhered to by IRCTC employees. The decision came as a welcome relief for long-distance travelers – the move would now allow them to have fresh meals while traveling.

The Railways had halted catering services on trains as part of the security measures adopted by the national carrier in the face of the pandemic. The measures had been in place since March 2020. IRCTC gradually restored services.

News agency ANI quoted a communication from Indian Railways as saying that meal services had been restored on 80% of trains in January this year. The remaining 20 percent of trains will start offering meal services by Feb. 14, he added.

By December last year, meal services had been restored on premium trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto.

A few, who traveled on trains already offering the revamped service, shared their experience on social media.

Another traveler thanked the railways for the improved services. The user said he was traveling from Varanasi to New Delhi. “One thing is to say that the service, the behavior are at the top. In fact, I’m so glad to see this. And the food quality is also good and hygienic. Thank you,” he said.

Indian Railways have been trying to improve their services and passenger comfort for quite some time.

About Erick Miles

Check Also

New hair salon in Arlington will cater to black women — with fast, walk-in service

Growing up, Dana White watched her grandmother feed her friends, listen to neighbors’ troubles, and …