A month has passed since Chef Brian Roland was seriously injured while preparing for an event at a car dealership in Naples.
Family representative Dena Foman declined to comment on her condition on Wednesday, saying in an email to the Naples Daily News: “We are unable to provide an update at this time for reasons that I hope. When we can to provide more, I will reach out.
Learn more about Chef Roland: “We are with you”: the community supports Chief Brian Roland in his declaration of family problems after an accident
But she said that despite the accident, her restaurant company Crave Culinaire continues to operate.
“Crave is still in business and has all operations while Brian (is) recuperating,” she said.
According to police reports, Roland was stranded under a freight elevator platform at Ferrari in Naples. He was preparing for a big opening event on December 4 at the dealership at the time of the incident.
His last known public condition in mid-December was critical but stable at Lee Memorial Hospital.
“He’s doing a lot better than he was last week,” Foman told the Daily News on December 13.
Many members of the Southwest Florida community continued to voice their concern on various social media platforms.
More than 150 people attended a candlelight vigil on December 8 outside the Lee Memorial, praying for the chief and wishing him a speedy recovery.
And on Roland’s Facebook page, friends continued to offer encouragement.
“Hey Brian… we pray for you and your family every day. With your motivation and hard work, you might just be bionic on the other side of this wound. Heal my friend,” wrote Barbara Samaniego from Naples on the 3rd. January.
Dave Osborn is the regional editor of the Naples Daily News and News-Press. Follow him on Instagram @ detroitdave88 and on Twitter @NDN_dosborn.
This article originally appeared on Naples Daily News: The latest on Neapolitan chef Brian Roland injured at Ferrari dealership